SWTOR - Sys Req.

I will wait on purchasing a SATA drive unless I come across one local and cheap.

I feel like I should be paying you just as one would pay a physician for their diagnosis. Your brilliant! I will be purchasing the CPU/Graphics card within the hour.

If I had Linkedin I would add you simply as: awesome.

Hey no worries on the booo PS3. I was a computer gamer for a long time. My dad was/is a tech guy so growing up my first PC was a Commodore 64, seems like we had a new computer every year since. Which is what ultimately drove me to a Unix Administration Degree in 2003 (only to never even look for a job, but go straight to radiology school) The PS3 came in my life only after I couldn't afford to have a competitive machine anymore. Everyone on one hardware level really balances things out. Also the player base seems much more populated.

Its interesting that as I've been away from the PC world for so long it's given me the chance to notice that it's much more stimulating than the PS3. The PS3 you play the one game and then maybe talk to people on a headset. The PC however your constantly alt+tabbing between windows doing 35,342 things all at once. I would have to say that I feel more "stressed/tired" after being on PC, just from all the extra stuff I'm doing. Time also seems to race while on the PC.

Regardless what good I may say about the PS3 it still feels really good to get back to my PC "roots".

No big, just what I'm here for lol.

This wouldn't be a bad purchase if it didn't get over 25 bucks.
Seagate 7200 10 250 GB SATA 7200 RPM 3 5" ST3250310AS Desktop Hard Drive HDD 4005922186746 | eBay

Edit: Same, except without the degree stuff. I never left PCs though. I have consoles, but PC has always been #1. I learned the importance to the PC after getting a good setup and started modding games to look better, and just give me more time with them. Morrowind started this for me. Stock vs stock I realized how much better Morrowind looked on my PC vs the Xbox. Then the detail mods came, gameplay mods, editing via construction set. Took me 5 years after release to finally get a 360, and even then I didn't pay for it.

Last edited:
PP-Mcquire
So I replaced the CPU with the very CPU that you recommended. Wow, a HUGE difference. It no longer freezes for the 5-10 seconds at a time and normal gaming is definitely playable. However anytime I'm around other players there is still noticeable lag that renders PVP impossible

My question:
I don't understand the difference in the GeForce 7300 to the GeForce 8800 that you recommended. If they are both 512mb then how can the 8800 be any better?

Because the power of the GPU isn't based on how much VRAM it has. Does your CPU get any powerful when you add more RAM to the motherboard? I know that question sounds rude or sarcastic, but I'm being serious to give you an example.

The 7300 is a very low end 7000 series GPU and the 8800GT is one of the high end 8000 series GPUs. The difference back in the day would have been like the difference between a GT 640 and a GTX 680 today. In their prime, the 7300 would have been a 40 dollar card and the 8800GT a 250 dollar card. Make sense?

Your lag issue is your GPU if you haven't replaced it yet. With the 7300 you do not meet GPU recommended specs.

Back
Top Bottom