swiping hdd

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyboy123x

Daemon Poster
a very simple question: how do i swipe my hard drive? i just want to start over because this build didnt work with the version of xp pro or the way i installed it over xp home

thanks

btw its a WD2000JS (the 8mb cache 3gb/s)

What do you mean? You just want to reformat your computer? or do you want a brand new hard drive? if you want to reformat, just stick in a XP disk and make sure you do a full format then just install the os.

no i want to completelly erase all information that is on the hard drive right now

edit: and my floppy is malfunctioning right now so if i could somehow delete it without making a boot cd thatd be great

what you got yourself is the second geration SATA bro. if you wanna wipe everything out you're gonna need to set your computer to boot from your windows cd by going to the bios and making cdrom the primary boot device. but in order to install a SATA hard drive you need a SATA driver disk so you gotta get yourself a new floppy

Ok, if you want to erase all the the info, then reinstall the OS and use it...You need to boot off a XP disk (assuming you want xp)...choose to format the drive (not a quick format), then it will erase all info and install the OS...and bam, like new.

ok, if u dont want to get a floppy disk, your gona hafta slipstream your windows cd (get nlite) and add sata drivers so it loads with the cd, so u dont hafta insert the floppy with the drivers. Go into bios, and set to boot from cd, and just fallow the install instructions. Make sure you do a clean install, and delete your old partitions, and then itl format the hwole drive, and install a fresh copy of windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom