SurroundView = Hybrid Crossfire?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hybrid crossfire...all you need is a board that supports it and a card that goes with your board.

For example, I have a 790GX chipset and a 3450 in hybrid crossfire.

As for SurroundView, straight from Wikipedia:

SurroundView

The SurroundView technology, is a multi-display technology available in the 690G chipset, and the AMD 780G IGP chipset, this technology supports the connection of multiple monitors. For the AMD 780G chipset, at most two monitors (four supported along with a discrete graphics card) can be connected onto the supported video output ports (one through LVDS, that is either HDMI or DVI-D port and one D-Sub port), in "extended desktop mode" or "duplicate mode", for better desktop utilization and provides more flexibility. The integrated graphics processor and the discrete graphics processor work in parallel to drive multiple displays. [7] Therefore, it is different from Hybrid CrossFireX.

ATI Hybrid Graphics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hybrid crossfire...all you need is a board that supports it and a card that goes with your board.

For example, I have a 790GX chipset and a 3450 in hybrid crossfire.

As for SurroundView, straight from Wikipedia:

ATI Hybrid Graphics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've read all that, but for some reason, it just passes right over my head. I have a M3A76-CM with the 760G chipset, and a MSI 3450. I enabled SurroundView in the BIOS, and GPU-Z says ATI Crossfire (Enable (2 GPUS) (Unsure on Vista64)). When I view information about the 760G, it shows a bunch of weird information.

GPUZ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom