Suggestions please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like you got a GFX card that uses a pci slot. Not the AGP slot. Thus you have to set the pci option in the bios for it to work, plus you have to put it into the pci slot.
TRIED all of it. The AGP SLOT on the board DOES not work.

For the glitch try going into the direct x control panel and lowering the "hardware sound acceleration level"
To get there: Start menu>run>Type"dxdiag". Should be under the sound tab.
Tried this one too. The problem is not while playing ONLY audio/video, but all the time the computer is on! I mentioned audio/video because it is more noticeable while playing media. This glitch thing happens even while doing routine work like MS Office, net beans etc.

To put it in a more simple way,
"Glitch=System stops responding for about a second or two and then continues normally" :(
This has been there right from the time i bought the PC!

Don't know if this will help with the problem or not, but worth a try.
Thanks a lot :)

Ahem!
Please stop pwning me & my computer :( :p

There is nothing like a fixed budget. The logic is simple.
I do not have sufficient money to buy a high end PC.
I have enough to do whatever i can with this one. So with the existing board, what best can i do?

OK... I wasn't trying to "PWN" you... I was simply making a statement. if you have the money to spend trying to upgrade a POS like that, then you have some money to buy even a pre-built system. Let's think logically... if you've been on fatser machine and are now impaitnet with yours.... then the only thing that is going to fix it is a new one... trying to "upgrade" this one will only p1ss you off even more as it won't be fast enough to your liking, so sorry for trying to make some sense out of your thread... I won't post again.

OK... I wasn't trying to "PWN" you... I was simply making a statement. if you have the money to spend trying to upgrade a POS like that, then you have some money to buy even a pre-built system. Let's think logically... if you've been on fatser machine and are now impaitnet with yours.... then the only thing that is going to fix it is a new one... trying to "upgrade" this one will only p1ss you off even more as it won't be fast enough to your liking, so sorry for trying to make some sense out of your thread... I won't post again.

Hey hey hey!
Chillax buddy.
I KNOW you were not trying to pwn me.
I was just being sarcastic at my own self & situation.
I think you missed out on the ":p" Smiley

:(

1. I dont have enough money to buy a new high end PC.
2. I might just be having enough money to buy a pre-configured PC, but i don't really need one.
3. I might sound Thrifty, but all that i want is to make the most out of the existing machine by making a decent investment into it

"trying to "upgrade" this one will only p1ss you off even more"
^^I completely agree with this statement of yours.

And as far as being sorry is concerned, you in no way have to be sorry.
Rather, if any of my posts have offended you, please forgive me. I regret it. :(

Wating for your reply
\\Peace//

@All other readers, please get this Nukem guy to atleast read this post.
I in no way meant to offend anybody. :(

Do a clean OS install. If that's not enough then get some more RAM. I don't know if we are allowed to discuss it in depth but I find it unlikely you are downloading anything at 10MB / minute.

OS is clean; no second thoughts on that.
After all the suggestions that i have got, i think that the RAM is the only upgradable component left on the machine.

The sad part is DDR1>>>freakin costlier>>>DDR2 :mad:

&

I am not downloading one single thing @ 10MB/min.
While downloading torrents (multiple of course), i usually get speeds of 180-200 KBps, thanks to the EvDO service i switched over to last month :)

Research my friend... if you have 400.00 then you can get something like this. Then later on if you want you can upgrade and get a graphics card... but this will be a MUCH better "upgrade" than trying to fix your old one. you can (if you want) give it to a local school or church.. they always take donations of old machines. and like you said, it still runs, just not very fast...

Newegg.com - Acer Aspire AM3201-EF8450A Phenom X3 8450(2.1GHz) 3GB DDR2 320GB ATI Radeon HD 3200 Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit (English / French) - Desktop PCs

and no worries... I don't offend easily... I was just trying to get you to understand that it's a lost cause. It is your machine and your money yes, but you wanted advise...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom