Suggestions or changes to my first computer build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much money are you willing to spend on this PC? And what are you expecting it to do?

I don't see any component on your list that doesn't look like a upgrade could be in order. But it's really hard to say without a little more info.

I'm with Slaymate. Almost everything could be at least a generation newer. You will definitely want a newer graphics card if you want to play the latest games on anything approaching high settings.

Regards,

Draco

Thanks everyone, well I have already bought the Geforce, so cant get anything newer.

And I was thinking on getting this power supply, really cheap, and its a 450W. Let me kno what you think. Is it compatible with all the things on my motherboard (ASUS)?

That CoolMAX is very crappy. You have to go up at least $50-$60 to get a good one. Get an Antec Earthwatts or something..

Will you ever have 6 drives? SATA is the newest controller for HDD and optical drives. Been out for awhile.

Modular just means that you can choose what cords you want on the PSU. Look up a modular PSU, and you'll see how it goes.

I don't really wanna spend that much on the psu, around 40-50 or lower would be great, do you know any psu that would have all the features you mentioned and be compatible? Sorry that I am putting you through all this trouble to help me. Thank you for your time.

You may not want to spend the money but it's your only good choice. Buying a cheap PSU for your PC is like buying a Ferrari with bicycles tires. It "might" work for a little while but it's never performing correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom