Suggestion or changes for my updated computer build? In need of help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again, would it matter if I got a 3Gb/s hardrive for my build? Because the motherboard says 6Gb/s and I am not sure on whether what it is for?

Don't bother with 6Gbps (SATA III) unless you are using a high-end SSD. Regular HHDs do not benefit from the extra bandwidth.

6Gbps is back compatible to 3Gbps. You can still run a regular 3Gbps drive on a 6Gbps port.

Your board most likely has both on it. I have yet to see a board with just 6Gbps.

Okay so glad, you saved me. I am also wondering about my case and all of those wires it shows in the pictures from newegg. Its the NZXT Lexa S, and I wanted to know if all those wires would connect to the motherboard or if its not compatible with it?

Excuse the message above and excuse me that I still dont know how to edit my post or forgot?

I was wondering if I got a higher performance ram chips for my build. The G Skill Ripjaws X Series. Would these still work? Do you need a link?

There's a picture of the pencil on the bottom right of your post. That is the edit button.

Those connections are standard with any board. You are fine in that regard.

The higher performance RAM only helps if you are overclocking. If not, they are a waste of your money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom