Suggested reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRreed

In Runtime
my next computer i will build, but i didnt know enough this time around, so i bought a gateway(i know,,,i know,,,but at least it s not a dell), and, put a new ghaphics card in, geforce 6600 pce-e
!If u have faults or defects, or health probs do not read this next line! i got it @ best buy for $170 now i know better
anyway that was the fist time i have ever installed any hardware
so my question is, does anyone know of any good reading that explains the process in plain English?
i just bought this one so it will be awhile till my next build
so i will also need something that is foreward looking, for example, there isnt much point in reading up on agp slots right?

yeah i know now, i do like it though, but you would think that BB would at least lube up first lol

Are you looking for reading on computer hardware? I didn't really understand your question. If I got this right, you want to build a computer in the future, but your a little leary about putting it together yourself, and you would just like some info that explains the ins and outs of building a PC, Right?

yeah, you got it,
i diddnt want to post a mamoth thread, so i figured i just post more if the topic goes.
but yea...i would like pics of the instalation, as well as a basic understanding of the rhyme and reason of the hardware
i have read tons of posts, but they mostly deal w/ specific system compatibility.. i would like to learn more about why parts are compatable. basicly i want to understand why & how the hardware works, not just how to instal it
e.g. type of mother boards compatible w/ types of cpu's
i have a good understanding of vid cards,
but lack on mother board-cpu-psu-hd-cooling- instalation and compatability.

my biggest prob. is a lack of help.
i dont know anyone personaly that builds, or even upgades.
and i realy want to do it myself
the more i know before the build the better off i will be. because i fear that if i tried now , i could get all the parts in the right place.....but as u know these threads are full of probs like.. my 1st build and nothing works...

i would be screwed
sorry for the novel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom