Suggest a cheap computer please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea they are probably the best deal for a nice speaker. I'm not sure if they come with the console game adapter anymore where you can hook them up to your PS2 or Xbox. I remember when I bought the X-530 it had one for hooking my console to it. Pretty sweet. I also have the Z-5300e which is awesome.

Optional aftermarket HSF - Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 64

Is that actually optional or is it good to have it?

I added all the parts on your build and it rang up as $683.60 w/o speakers or the 320gb HD. Is there anyway it could be cheaper with the combo packages that Newegg offers? The tax/shipping is a real killer >_>

Thanks!

Yes...that aftermarket HSF is only optional, but it would be good to have, to have lower temperatures, and if you're overclocking.

You can save about $20, by going with this motherboard:
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TForce TF7025-M2 Socket AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 7025 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

If you want, you can save about $30 on the memory, by just going with 1GB for now, and upgrade later, when you have the extra money. Heres a suggested 1GB stick:
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop Memory - Retail

The $500 build, from that site, is pretty good for a budget system.

Try not to go for Dells...lol...they are cheap, but you also get what you paid for.

You can't transfer the Windows from one computer to another, because it is tied to the motherboard, it is installed with.

Here is a nice budget build:

Case - Cooler Master Elite 330
Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-M61P-S3
CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane
RAM - 2 x 1GB G. Skill NQs
Graphics - EVGA 7600GT
Power supply - FSP (Fortron) 400w
Hard drive - Western Digital 160GB 8mb cache
Optical drive - Sony NEC Optiarc DVD Burner
OS - Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit

Total is around $650.

nice system, u can actually game with it :) if u want u could go intel for that budget, stupid newegg is not working here but this is a decent build i guess:

e6550
7900gs
af7 (get that from svc)
intel p35-ds3r
corsair 520

idk about the prices guys.... cuz i still haven't gotten used to pricecuts and such... since i haven't logged on since Saturday.... (out of town, but thats around 800 i hope ???)

Yes, the parts come to around $800, but that is tight considering his budget. He wants it lower if possible, which is why I picked AMD. Plus he needs a new OS, and wants speakers.

The $500 build, from that site, is pretty good for a budget system.

Try not to go for Dells...lol...they are cheap, but you also get what you paid for.

You can't transfer the Windows from one computer to another, because it is tied to the motherboard, it is installed with.

Here is a nice budget build:

Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-M61P-S3
CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ Brisbane
Graphics - EVGA 7600GT
Power supply - FSP (Fortron) 400w
OS - Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit

Total is around $650.

If he changes the CPU to E6550 and the motherboard to P35 then he would get a good Intel build for around $800

Motherboard
Newegg.com - ASUS P5K SE LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

CPU
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 Conroe 2.33GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

I suppose I'd rather go with AMD w/ a larger HD & 2GB ram rather than a pricier Intel.

I rung up the Eco build here: TR's July 2007 system guide - Powered by Newegg - The Tech Report - Page 2
and found that it came to $397.25 (including tax+shipping) but the ASUS motherboard & the Antec Case+PSU are out-of-stock/no longer availible. Could I just get different parts for that & keep it around the same price?
Optimally, I'd like to spend only a little over $700 with tax/shipping included.

Sorry to be so picky >_> and thanks for your time!

Edit: Hadn't read the above post yet cause I was still typing. Liking the build though. Would it still be a good idea to get a HSF with that build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom