Successful Upgrade. More Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

XI_xtasy_ix

In Runtime
Thank you to everyone who helped me choose my upgrade parts :) another successful (my 1st) upgrade. Heres some pics for ya

Graphics Card
View attachment 5150

Complete System (I know the cable management is horrible :()
View attachment 5151

Nothing special really :p

Question time!!

1. What temperature should I CPU be running at just idle or general computing (browsing, music, etc)?

2. Whats a good program to watch my temperature?

I just want to make sure I didnt screw anything up when I upgraded and plan on being very careful the next few days.

Attachments

• IMG_0587[1].jpg
    IMG_0587[1].jpg
    78 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_0589[1].jpg
    IMG_0589[1].jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 35
I wouldn't even call that cable management horrible, its catastrophic, its.... I threw up a little in my mouth.

1) Not sure of average temps, but AFAIK 63c is the max safe temp, so below that and you're fine.
If you clean up that mess, almost guaranteed temps will drop a little.

2) I use HWMonitor, but CoreTemp, RealTemp, SpeedFan, should all work fine.
Can always run 2 or 3 to check consistency, although that can lead to doubt.

in my own defense with the mesh on the outside of the cables it makes them very hard to bend and I never really learned how to do cable management in the first place.. feel free to teach me though lol

looks good so far. reading idle about what it should at idle.

If I put in 8 gigs of RAM why do I keep seeing that I only have 4 available?

Are both sticks securely seated? sometimes they don't go in all the way... maybe there is a cable blocking it :lol:

What case are you using? Looks like there is a hole at the top to pull your PSU connectors through, can't see anything on the right side of the motherboard though.
It will require unplugging everything and re-routing it between the side panel and motherboard tray, well worth the trouble though.

dsc00434yf.jpg

come do mine.. ill have to look later. Im not doing it right now lol I thought they both were but I could be wrong. Ill definitely let you know tomorrow though.

Will I have to take my MOBO out to organize the cables? or can I leave that in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom