Strange prob with Pc..need help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hu$tlah

Beta member
Hi guys,

I recently upgraded my comp and am having some strange restart probs with comp all the time. As soon as I turn on comp and log into windows it would boot me and restart at least 3 times before it is stable again. It only happens when I turnoff comp and then try to go on the internet. Sometimes it restarts while in game but thats not a regular occurrence. I can't even overclock as it would just keep restarting. All drivers are update and below are my comp specs:

AMD64 3000+
DFI NF4 Ultra-D
OCZ plat Rev 2 Ram 2*512
BFG 6800GT OC
WD 120 gig 7200rpm
OCZ Powerstream 520W

With my specs I should be able to overclock like mad but I cant even hit 210MHZ without my comp getting restarted. I know I have some minor error somewhere and cannot figure it out and am hoping someone can guide me as to what steps I can take.

Thanks a lot guys any help would be greatly apprciated :)

What are the parts you upgraded.

try running with only 1 stick of RAM.

Can try a repair of windows.

Also what is your cooling setup?

1) Thermal paste?

2) faulty motherboard

3) do you have to wait in order for your comp to turn back on like 15 mins or so? if so, prolly psu

im going with #2 so far.

maybe he upgraded a very integral component that is not compatible with his already present HAL on XP.

But we wont find that out until he tells us :confused:

Thanks for those replies and sorry but I was very busy with work and finals.

I used the paste that came with the AMD chip. Would that make any real or major diff what paste I use on the chip?

I ran both memory sticks with memtest for over 2 hours and it passed 5 tests and no errors. So i tried to oc again a little and i got blue screen of death :( by ocing to 210mhz.

how do I know if the mobo is faulty? I hope not because it was brand new and I am sure its not mobo...but who knows?

Computer shutdown is fairly quick and same with turning it on. I dont have to wait at all.

So what do you guys think I should do first and I will follow your advice and go step by step.

Thanks guys and i will be updating frequently :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom