starting up an industrial computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jchal3

Beta member
Hello everyone.

I am new here. I am not exactly a computer experts, but I figure you can lean anything by talking to experts, so here is the question I have for you.

I was given an industrial computer. I was told that it was a touch screen. I have some pictures, but I don't see an attach button.

I am building a piece of machinery in my garage that is powered by a pc, and thought it would be cool it I could get this touch screen to work. The thing is I have no idea how to even power it up. I can see a card that has the pins for 12v 5v and so on, but I don't know if it runs off of a regular computer power supply, or what.

My main goal here right now, is just to get it powered up. Any help would be appreciated.

Jason

upload the images on a file sharing website, then link it like this:

[img ]www.picture.com[ /img] (w/o the spaces...)

Here goes nothing. I hope these pictures post

IMG_2588.jpg

IMG_2589.jpg

IMG_2590.jpg

IMG_2591.jpg

IMG_2592.jpg

I see RAM, the CPU, an IDE Cable so I suspect there's a hard drive somewhere...(Is there?)
I don't see an ON/OFF button?
I suspect you need to supply power to the +12 -12 +5 -5 GND thing
But it needs a proprietary power supply.
If you can supply those voltages with something you have on hand, then what I would do is look for an ON/OFF switch, button, jumper, and then give it a go.

Also, if it's hard wired to a touch screen... Why's there ports for a Mouse and Keyboard?

Please take this thing apart farther so we can see where the wires go, if it wouldn't be too much trouble.
I see things of interest, but the cables and wires run off to behind the motherboard.

there's a few different ports that I'd like to see here. down by where the card port joins the main board is a set of connectors *lower left corner of main board as I look at it* the long series of connectors on the right, and just to the bottom of the cpu. I do have to say though, that is a very old piece of equipment, be really suprised if you can get it to work with much, and if you do I really would love to see what you do with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom