ssd's

Status
Not open for further replies.
failure rate isn't judged by the number of total failures. it's a percentage of the total amount sold... If you're looking at absolute numbers of failed drives, then yeah what you're saying makes some sense, but people don't really look at it that way. It's all about percentages because it puts it on an even level. If OCZ had a 10% failure rate because 100 out of 1000 drives failed, it's the same rate as a company that sold 10 drives and 1 failed, and the percentage is what people look at because it gives context to the exact number of failures.

Exactly.

Which is exactly what is wrong with this world.

I'll make one final point on this then I'm done. Despite his "data" being shown, you still decided to get an OCZ drive. Check mate.

Yeah, measuring quality in a quantifiable manner should be a crime. We all should buy stuff based on emotion and marketing.

Making an informed decision is never a bad thing, I bought a sandforce drive after all of this came out (a Sandisk though) because at the time it was enough cheaper than a Samsung to make up for the inferior quality. That said with the Samsung 830 128gb at $125 there is no way I would buy anything else. The issue is when people want to pretend issues don't exist which would prevent someone from accurately weighing the pro's and cons for a product.

why it shows that you have the same chance of getting a bad drive from company A as you do company B. At any rate, I read about the potential of a bad drive, and it doesn't phase me. I've had people tell me that they won't buy an ATI gpu because the drivers are ****. I've had 1 issue of drivers crashing out of all the years I've owned an ATI card and I've had 4 ATI cards in about the 10 years I've had a PC's. I trust newegg's customer service to help me out if there's an issue within their return policy window, and OCZ has finally made note of this potential issue so if it does arise and I have to talk to them then I'm not worried that they're going to be asshats or anything.

I understand where you're coming from with your argument on failure rate, but when you're selling millions of a product it comes down to percentage points to pinpoint where an acceptable range is, and percentages mean something. if OCZ went from 100 / 1000 failures to 200 / 2000 failures, by what you're saying they're not doing a good job because they experienced twice as many failures, but they sold twice as many and therefore the percentages are the same. In the business world you have to be able to track all these things and create an equal measurement to chart growth and make decisions about spending money on QA and stuff like that, and you can't do that with a raw number of failures, percentages do.

I also got a $15 visa gift card thing with the drive. And plus super shipper is 5-7, newegg's free shipping is 3 1/2 or 4 days. Thanks for the amazon link though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom