Splinter cell double agent needs a shader model 3.0 card to run.
So, ATI X850xt and older cards will not run it because they don't support SM3.0
Here the PC requirements for Splinter cell double agent
* Supported OS: Windows® XP (only)
* Processor: 3 Ghz Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon 3000 (3.5 Ghz Pentium 4 or Athlon 3500 recommended). Game optimized for Dual-processor-enabled computers.
* RAM: 1 GB
* Video Card: Direct X® 9.0c-compliant, Shader 3.0-enabled 128 MB video card (256 MB recommended) (see supported list*)
* Sound Card: DirectX® 9.0c-compatible (EAX" recommended) - PC audio solution containing Dolby® Digital *Live required for Dolby Digital audio.
* DirectX Version: 9.0c or higher (9.0c included on disc)
* DVD-ROM: 4x DVD-ROM or faster with Dual-Layer support(DVD9)
* Hard Drive Space: 8 GB
* Peripherals Supported: Mouse, keyboard
* Multiplayer: Broadband connection with 128 kbps upstream or faster
* Supported video cards at time of release:
* ATI X1600/X1800/X1900
* NVidia 6600 /6800/7300/7600/7800/7900
Your video card will not be able to run the game
Originally posted by robina_80
also about DX10 the graphics card im going to get is DX9 so it wont be able to play DX10 games right? but you can download DX10 cant you so why do you need the gfx card to be DX10. sorry if i make no sense
You will be able to play some of the DX10 games with DX9.0 cards. The DX10 games will just run on DX9.0 mode.
You will need Windows vista and DX10 card in order to run DX10 games in DX10 mod