Spec out an El Cheapo PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snump

In Runtime
Well, my aunt wants another PC, and I don't want her to get a **** emachines because as we all know they're ****.
The last thing I want to do is be over there fixing the thing all the time.
So, with maybe a 16 inch monitor, what components should I choose?
AMD is fine too.
With Windows XP home and MS office.
Maybe $500?

Just buy her an HP machine... something with the warrenty and piece of mind... ON YOUR PART! If you worried about fixing the thing all the time then let someone else do it... or in this case even the dreaded D... machine would work... you can get them with a 15/17 monitor for what you wanting to spend...

bought machines may be crap, but ya'know... for basic things.... they work...

Hey! Don't knock eMachines! My old one is still plunking along. My wife has claimed it as her own, and it is mainly used as an office/media computer now.

Five years and still trucking. The only stuff in it that is still stock is the case, PSU, CPU, and mobo.

Trotter said:
Hey! Don't knock eMachines! ......... The only stuff in it that is still stock is the case, PSU, CPU, and mobo.
Okay Trotter we won't knock the 1/3 of an emachine that you have :)

my emachines is a beast thank you very much. 600w Coolermaster eXtreme Power, 7800GT, AMD 3400, 1 gig Ram, 200 gig hd which is way more than enough storage for me.

While i dont own an emachines i must say theyre pretty powerful little devils, and cheap too! Sure they might have a couple minor problems now and then.....ok......major problems, but its nothing unfixable. I like emachines theyre cheap and get the job done nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom