Speakers (2.1) - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > System Upgrades
Closed Thread
Old 06-13-2010, 10:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Speakers (2.1)

Hi, I am debating whether to get the harman/kardon soundsticks II: Amazon.com: Harman Kardon SoundSticks II 2.1 Plug and Play Multimedia Speaker System: Electronics

This Logitech Z523: Newegg.com - Logitech Z523 40 Watts RMS 2.1 Speaker System

the Eagle ET-AR506: Newegg.com - Eagle ET-AR506-BK 100 Watts 2.1 Speakers

or:Eagle ET-AR508LR: newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836183039

Another site for the soundsticks: Newegg.com - JBL SOUNDSTICKSII 40 watts 2.1 3-Piece Multimedia Speaker System

I am looking for whichever one is gonna give me best bass, because i like heavy hard hitting bass. I am leaning more towards the soundsticks because they are very nice looking and would look great in my setup, but sound is better than looks, especially hard bass!!!!!!!!!!
<3 bass!
Also if anyone has some recommendations within the $120 price range please give your 2 cents.

Thanks for help!!!!!

Old 06-14-2010, 10:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Speakers (2.1)

Also I have the choice now of Logitech z-2300's: Amazon.com: Logitech Z-2300 THX-Certified 2.1 Speaker System with Subwoofer: Electronics

Old 06-14-2010, 10:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

Originally Posted by Justhews View Post
By far the absolute best 2.1 system you can get for the price, I can feel the floor vibrating from the bass on the second story of my house with it at 50% (It being in the basement). Would recommend this hands down and from now on will be the only speaker system I use. (this coming from a guy who goes through speakers every month) I can't find anything wrong with this at all, very powerfull lows, but you don't sacrifice the mids or highs like you do with some systems. The sub on this is actually the size of the one for my entertainment center lol. Knowing what i know now, I would have gladly paid twice what I did for them.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Thanks, that's what I was going to go for once I saw Amazons great price, but I wanted some more help. Thanks for the input!
Closed Thread