Soundcard selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitallyamar

Solid State Member
Hi,

Mine is a P III 1.13 GHz machine with Gigabyte 810E motherboard. I have Philips MMS 430 2.1 (50W RMS) speaker set. I am music addict and listen to lot of pop and Indian music. Will there be any change in clarity of sound if i buy a creative 4.1 or live soundcard. Should I stick to ALC201A audio on the motherboard.

Please suggest me the best sound card for my machine, speaker set.

Speaker details:

2 x satellite speaker - 10 Watt - 180 - 20000 Hz - wired ¦ 1 x subwoofer - 30 Watt - 20 - 180 Hz - wired

Realtek ALC201A audio chip on motherboard.

Regards,
Amar.

i would not stick with the integrated sound. integrated components (video, sound) supposedly drain cpu cycles and slow the performance of your computer. in any case on an older computer of mine i threw in a 5.1 sound card i got for free and noticed a decent increase in sound quality and general performance of my computer

I would have recommended the New Creative X-FI soundcards coming in September, but unfortunately, I don't think your current hardware would support it.

DJ CHRIS could recommend a god Sound Card for you. Probably Turtle Beach...

Sound quality may improve with better soundcards, but will still be limited to MP3 quality when playing MP3 files.

Thank your for your replies. I will go for Audiophile 2496. This one suites well for my needs.

I would love to get one Creative X-Fi card but my oldman will kick it out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom