Sound card help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonzo123

Baseband Member
Hi, I'm looking to buy a soundcard for my PC. I have no experiance with sound cards at all and wanted to have a 2nd opinion on a cheep but good quality sound card. I'm not looking for anything fancy just somthing around $30 - $50 made buy creavtive labs (from what im told they are the best). Any help would be helpful.

P.S. I'm told sound cards are compatible with almost all motherboards so I won't bother posting my system specs unless you need to know to give good advise.

Thats a bit more money than I wanted to spend $70 is a little to expensive for my comp. All I want is OK sound and to be able to talk into a mic with the people on the other end being able to hear me. :p

he's wanting 45 USD for it... you looked at the link... he has one for sale and is giving you the link so you can see what it is he has...

Why would I want to buy it from a person. I want a reliable source if im wrong correct me.

it's up to you... I was just suggesting it. Many of us have bought and sold items on the forum... including myself many times... generally, people here are honest about the sales... I was just showing you a good deal is all... I meant no offense.

Oh nono I didn't mean it like that but I have never done anything like that before and wouldn't know how. So if it's possible to just buy it off newegg it owuld be much easier imo.

If you just want to use a mic, why bother with a card?

I'm using a set of ALTEC LANSING AHS302USB 3.5mm/ USB Connector Circumaural Stereo Headset:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826257009

I picked 'em up at Best Buy for a few dollars more than that (about $30). I plug 'em into my USB hub.. viola! I got a working headset. Good sound, good stereo. Really helped me in BF2, as well as on Ventrillo/Teamspeak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom