Sound card driver update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Angel

Solid State Member
Hi, I have Windows XP Professional 5.12600 SP3
Whilst looking for something else I saw that my sound card is not being supported and it was recommended that I update the driver. Now, I'm an oldie, this is beyond my expertise. Can I do this myself, do I have to buy anything, and if it's free, how do I do this. Please, be specific and any problems I may encounter, would be really helpful. I want to learn, so thanks in advance to anyone who can help me!! :whistle::kiss::kiss:

Silver Angel

Spread the Love

:)

If windows update is set to search for driver updates for all computer parts, it may find it automatically.

if it doesn't, find the manufacturer and model number and a google search later should find you a download for a sound card driver. install that and it should be automatic. free and easy. if youre having troubles, post back the name and model of the soundcard and im sure we can help.

though, if you are getting satisfactory sound now and your computer is running fine otherwise, you may not need to do this at all. if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it...

Thanks, Jason, I think!! Er, where do I find the manufacturer and model number of the sound card?

I did try Help & Support, and followed their advice, but got nowhere. I'm a bit confused, as always! I've just been learning my way around my first MP3 player, & I think my brain's gone to sleep !! Ot to Pot.....
Silver Angel

hit the start button, hit the control panel, hit the system icon, hit the hardware tab, hit the device manager button. find where it says sound card and in there you should see a manufacturer and model of a soundcard. if its actually giving you trouble, it will probably have a yellow triangle on it. if it does, then google the manufacturer, the model and the word driver and download and run something that comes from the manufacturers site.

if you dont see the yellow triangle, you have normal sound coming out of your speakers, and your computer is running pretty much fine, then dont worry about it.

Jason, you are a STAR. I would have never found all that info on my own. It says it's working ok, so I'll just trust it. I was having problems in that my left speaker wasn't working, but something I updated in the last week or so seems to have fixed it, so it's working now, so I'll leave well alone.
Thanks once again

Silver Angel

Jason is spreading the Love
LONG LIVE JASONALWAYSREADY

SMILE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom