sound card for a bass guitar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weewun

In Runtime
it one of my friends birthdays comming up and a few of us are chipping in for it, and 1 of the ideas we came up with was a soundcard for his comp so he could plug in his bass and record onto his PC, maybe into Q-Base ore somehting like that... does any1 know anything about this? what kind of sound card? price? software? any help would be appreciated! cheers

i'd actually go with a lower version of the Digitech GNX series pedals.
they come with a USB port.
i know a couple people with them and they work great.
plus you can mix/edit and get a lot of different distortions/echo's, etc from the pedal itself.

would this suffice for a bass guitar? are they especially expensive or what? know where i could get one?

I actually play bass and I like to record onto my computer. I "borrowed" my schools sound card. It's by Audigy and it's called Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro... The package comes with a sound card and an external connecter to plug in to. I'm not sure how much this will cost you but I would doubt it would be near $200+. The quality that comes out of this card is amaaaazing, I am really considering buying my own. The software I use is Adobe Audition, which would cost you about $300 but if your a student you could find a site that will sell it to you for $150, or you could possibly get it cheaper.. Just gotta search around. Good luck.

weewun said:
would this suffice for a bass guitar? are they especially expensive or what? know where i could get one?

the top line one is like 750 american. but tha's just for the rich people.

i do beleive the lowest ones are like 200 american max.
yes, it suffices for bass as well, it can hook up mic's, speakers, more mixing boards, you can mix right on the pedal, usb to the computer......

http://www.digitech.com/products/gnx1.htm

link for the lower end model.

edit:
i don't like buyin' sound cards for the computer that will be used with guitars, especially when that pedal is out there.
you can spend the same amount and get much much more.

You know if it's worth the money to buy a higher end one? Or is it like most sorts of ram, for example, where there really isn't much of a difference at all other than a label?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom