Sony Vaio Laptop - Need 6-pin firewire

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanewomer

Beta member
Thank you for that link.

I have two questions:

#1. Will that work with my Sony FE550G Laptop? The description for that card says: CardBus-enabled Notebook PC or G3 PowerBook

I'm not sure what that means, "CardBus". Does anyone know if my Sony laptop has a CardBus?

#2. Will the device I want to buy work with this card? The description for the device that I want to plug into my computer says:

"Bus powered (requires a non-adapted 6-pin FireWire port on the computer) - no additional power supply necessary for complete recording freedom."

Thank you,
Shane

All it means is that its needs a cardbus slot, which in plain is the slots at the side of yur lappy(shud be at the front, left or right side), i.e where you wirless card goes (only old lappys dont have them). If youve got one spare of these then you will be able to slot it in, then its xp so it will auto install and your away.

P.S should be able to find a cheap one on ebay, thats where i bought one for, £8

bear85 said:
All it means is that its needs a cardbus slot, which in plain is the slots at the side of yur lappy(shud be at the front, left or right side), i.e where you wirless card goes (only old lappys dont have them).

well just to correct some wrong info...... Most old laptops after 1996 on average have more PCMCIA card slots than current laptops.

cheers for the correction, most ive seen are like ive said, but cheers, ill update my info for future :) :eek:

Plug and play just means it just plugs in and its ready to go , and you can take it out when your finished, i.e. you plug it in, xp will find the drivers and it will be ready for use! then you simply connect the other device to it via the cable. Both ends may be 6pin tho, just buy seperate cable 6pin to 6pin easily available, unless you get with your items:cool:

if any errors please post reply, :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom