Somewhat new build keeps shutting down

kidmo87

In Runtime
Hello everyone. Just bought a maximus xi hero wifi, and 9900k, all other components are from previous build.
Ram: 8gb CORSAIR Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000.
The issue I'm having is that the PC will shut off within minutes. When I got into my OS(windows 10) it would say shutting down after about a minute, then shuts off. Updated the bios, and changed settings in bios to:

Boot device control: UEFI and legacy OPROM
Boot from network devices: legacy only
Boot from storage devices:UEFI only
Boot from PCI-e/pcie expansion devices: legacy only
These were settings I found from someone else having this issue.
After doing this, all worked fine. I was adding fans into ky system, so I turned the switch off on my power supply. Then after turning it on, the problem came back.
I had a spare power supply, so tried that, didnt work.
Also in the very beginning I optimized my defaults. On a new motherboard shouldn't it be already on optimized defaults? This is what I got when doing that

Attachments

• 20190509_115702.jpg
    20190509_115702.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 5
You may possibly want to do a bench test on that board.
Remove the motherboard from the case, leave the cpu/heatsink/fan installed along with one stick of memory in it's proper place and only use the on board video if you can.
Connect a known good working power supply, keyboard/mouse & monitor.
Boot it up into the bios and see if it shuts down again, keep an eye on the cpu temp while your in the bios screen
While you have the board out of the case, check the heatsink and memory for proper fit

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom