Some upgrades require

krammer00

Beta member
I've recently upgraded my first gen i5 since I thought the rig died but it was only the PSU, so I've decide to change to i5 Haswell I think I have now which is running fine for my need and running 8GB memory.

However the component that needs upgrading is my old 5870 GPU I had this since 2009 and I'm surprise that it's still holding pretty well, I can still game on it like Dota2, some FPS and MMO. But looking to upgrade it without breaking my bank I don't play so much anymore, I do more productive work like web stuff and photo editing so multi monitors is essential.

I don't have a big budget for GPU probably around £120, I saw the Rx 460 which seems to fit the budget but I'm not quite up-to-date on computer parts anymore so I'm not sure if this GPU is an okay upgrade.

Also planning to get SSD as well, I'm looking at the Crucial Mx300/Bx200 or is there anything else better for under £100? Also can anyone recommend a nice mechanical keyboard for someone who types a lot as I'm a web developer so I use my keyboard for long hours. I know it can be pricey but recommend something that isn't going to break a bank basically :lol:, not too stiff and quiet.

I have no idea bout the mechanical keyboard switches colours all I know that each colours have different feel when typing.

Budget:
GPU = £120
SSD = £100
Keyboard = ??

Last edited:
Let me give you just one very little hint. The most expensive is to buy anything for the £. I will not do it ever.

Let me give you just one very little hint. The most expensive is to buy anything for the £. I will not do it ever.

Sorry I don't get it?! but I'm not planning to spend a fortune as my main objective now is to update these components mainly for productivity than gaming.

Back
Top Bottom