some real grades maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckop11

In Runtime
Looking to do some more upgrades. maybe? not really to into the whole building computers. but want to be more.

still have my first HP i got when i was 14

did a couple cosmetic changes and looking to do more intense upgrades with some help.

p4 prescott 630? 3.0 ghz (no clocking)

Apevia dark side 600w - upgraded

p5lp-le Mobo (asus for hp)

2gb ddr2 pc2 5300 RAM -upgraded

HP dvd writer 740b

WD Caviar Blue 320gb hdd -upgraded

ATI x700 pro (graphics) - ugraded at time of comp purchase (geeksquad)

NZXT Apollo case. -upgraded

24'' Dell (G2410)

Okay not looking to spend more than a couple hundred for the motherboard/Cpu and maybe 150 on a GPU and looking to upgrade GPU, mobo, Cpu? maybe a E8400 mobo combo?

short on cash so
maybe even a mobo thats p4 + dual core compatible? so i can upgrade the mobo and then the GPU AND then CPU when i have more money? or not? idk

(Graphics card fan stopped working about a year ago.) havnt been able to game much since. well without risk of frying it.

i like to game. was into world of warcraft. looking for best quality for your money. not the best . best for the money.

Athlon II X2 240 - $60
AM2+/AM3 motherboard - $40-60

Also alternatives to the Athlon II X2 240
Athlon II X3, Athlon II X4, Phenom II X4 940, Phenom II X4 925, Phenom II X2 555
Any of those would be leaps and bounds over your current CPU and fall within your budget
Phenom II X4 955 "maybe"

5770 - $150-160

Total - $280
CPU - Dual Core 2.8Ghz Overclockable to 3.5Ghz
Motherboard - AM2+/AM3 takes DDR2 RAM and can handle AM3 CPUs
5770 - Graphics card by ATI, 4 generations newer than the X700 you currently have, can run all current games at max/near max settings.

okay leaning towards the Athlon II X2 240 whats a good mobo to go with it. thinking a cheaper am3?

You have to get an AM2+/AM3 motherboard if you want to use your DDR2 RAM and not have to buy DDR3...
AM3 motherboards only take DDR3 ram
AM2+/AM3 motherboards take both

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

That's a good combo deal
You get a 790GX AM2+/AM3 motherboard for $90 -$25 for the combo
Snagging you a 790GX motherboard for about $65

Or you can get this mobo
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-MA78LM-S2H AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 760G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards
But it's only a lowly 760G mobo

Also, what exactly is your maximum budget?
And do you want to fit that budget? Or go as cheap as possible?
Because I'd recommend a triple core Athlon II or a Phenom II over the Athlon II X2 240 if you want some more performance.

okay okay

right now my budget is about 100-150 the 150 stretching it.

im thinking ifi wait till summer i will have 200-250 to spend.

letting me get a phenom ll x2

and about $100 mobo.

and $50 for some cheap ddr3....

or should i just go with the

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

i guess i wanna know if i will be happy going to a athlon ll x2 from my p4,

and if i do that will i wish i would of went to the phenom ll x2 right away?

and is the phenon ll x2 better then athlon ll x4?

i want real good framerates on world of warcraft. and high res.

i don game alot. just WoW. might get into it more after though. nothing like crysis. but maybe mw2? or starcraft/

dont edit audio or vidieo at all.

love having tons and tons or webpages up. youtube to newegg to forums tons are always up.

and if i do wait til summer.

what is a comparible gpu to the x700 pro to hold me over?

till i get the 5770 or better this summer.

looking to spend no more than 40-50.

would like to mingle with some over clocking also. would be my first attempt.
thanks for the help btw

I don't have personal experience with this, but I have read the Phenom II's paired up with a motherboard with ACC or similar technology are good for unlocking cores. It's not guaranteed you will be able to unlock a core, but a lot of reviews on newegg make it appear as if it's fairly common.

I personally would avoid the combo deals too, newegg tends to pair up popular products with some less popular products to move inventory. The deals in my opinion are never really that spectacular anyway. The motherboard should be one of the most important decisions in your build, so get the best you can!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom