Some questions before I buy....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampire_Slayer

In Runtime
I was thinking of buying a Dell E521 because its a really good deal most likely because AMD doesn't have the popularity with the common person as Intel does, and my limited funds can't afford anything else. My questions are....

1. How good is the nforce 430 chipset compared to other AM2 chipsets?

2. It comes with 7.1 integrated sound but has an option for integrated sound blaster audigy hd software addition. Do they actually put the audigy as the integrated sound or is it just a software upgrade?

3. I have a few years old sound blaster live, and I was wondering how it would compare with the onboard 7.1 or the integrated audigy(as long as the audigy is a hardware upgrade and not some random software one)?

4. I have done research on 1g vs 2g memory and it seems to help a little bit with bf2 on high settings, hardcore video editting, and newer games on high settings. Would it help THAT much with games and stuff to be worth the extra $130? $130 means 130 grilled cheese bean and rice burritos from taco bell or can be spent on other things(not sure if I can even raise the extra 130). Pretty much the most multi-tasking I would do would be playing a game such as World of Warcraft while burning a CD while I have anti-virus running in the background and maybe a couple messengers. The card I will be running would be a x800xl(won't be upgrading for a long time, if ever). Would games that this card can play on high settings benefit from 2g of memory? Because if the card can only play a game on medium and get a good fps, then I don't think 2g would help that much since its medium settings anyways?

All comments and answers welcome, thx for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom