Some questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

pudkins

Solid State Member
I have several nooby questions that I had never really thought of before.

1) If you are adding a another set of DDR1 (I have 2 512mb right now, and adding another set), does the second set need to be identical to the first?

2) Do two GPUs need to be the same to work together?

3) When adding any part, besides an HDD, do you need to do anything other than swap the part, then turn the PC on?

4) Is the slowness of LCD monitors really noticeable compared to CRTs?

Thanks for any help.

I'll do my best.

1) Same latency and speed is highly recommended, and I believe it's a requirement. Brand mixing is more relaxed.

2) You mean in SLI / Crossfire? Yes, both cards must have the same GPU.

3) What else is there to do? Swap the part, plug data / power cables, and turn PC on.

4) If you mean response time (ie: how fast the image can change), then you won't notice any significant difference with most modern LCD monitors.

1) Okay.

2) Okay. All Nvidia GPUs support SLI right? And would this mobo support it? The DXG confuses me.

3) I thought you might have to reformat or something. I don't really know why.

4) That's what I meant thanks.

Thanks.

Depends alot on the hardware. If you replace your MoBo, you very well may have to reinstall because of the chipset -- can BS some windows installs depending on the new chipset (you can also try a windows repair too, sometimes that will regen the chipset drivers). Memory or something like that should be fine. As for drives, HD has to be reformatted obviously, but cd drives and the like should be fine. (Those might have to be enabled in BIOS depending on config)

-MM

2)Not all NV cards support SLI. I use www.newegg.com a lot to refer to specs like that.

3)If you add new hardware, you shouldn't have to reinstall Windows(except for mobos). All you normally have to do is install a driver for it (if that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom