Hi. I'm new to computer building, but not new to computers. I have a couple questions i need answered before I can continue building my PC.
1. Are A-Bit motherboards as good as my "computer friend" claims? He says they are pretty much top of the line, maybe 1 down from the "best."
2. What are a couple REALLY good companies I can find reliable, long lasting 1GB DDR PC3200 dimms from?
3. Do SATA HDDs really need to have drivers installed before they work? My friend says you have to install drivers for a SATA HDD by first using an IDE HDD to boot the system... ???
4. How does this fan controller communicate to the motherboard to know things like time, and HDD activity? http://www.xoxide.com/logisys-35-dig...ler-black.html
I'm thinking an open floppy sized IDE channel?
Here is my complete system...
1. A-Bit motherboard with AMD Athlon 2.2Ghz PC3200
2. 250 GB SATA HDD 7200 RPM
3. Diablo -nVidia GeForce 6600 256MB
4. Sound Blaster Audigy ZS Platinum 7.1 THX certified
5. Pioneer DVD +/- RW DL
6. 3.5" Fan Controller
7. 2 GB DDR RAM PC3200
8. Logisys Janus case -black
Should be good for a home music studio right?
Add-ons... HDD mountable dual fan cooler, RAM heatsinks with fan to blow air across them, UV and blue CCFT lighting, blue UV reactive IDE cable, SATA cable, and SATA power cable, and hopefully getting a PSOne LCD modified to RGB,a nd fabricated into the case window to swing out and be used on its own, without the monitor...