Socket 940???

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingD

Solid State Member
Ok so what the **** is a socket 940 processor for?.....I cannot find a actuall 940 mobo anywhere i google it and get hits which take me to 1000$$ server mobo's but no end user boards i still get hits at like tiger direct they have a 940 mobo listed but when u go in and look at the spec's its actually a AM2 mobo then it has (939) which makes no **** sence at all. Can some one explain what and where i can get a socket 940 MOBO or why i shouldn't??
Right now i have a 939 with a A64 3700+ Any help wanted. Also will a 940 chip fit into a 939 socket ( i don't think but im confused) also i remember seeing my board as 940 capable.

Cheers
Dave

Socket 940 is a server intended motherboard. And the new socket 940 is known as the AM2. So I think you meant you wanted an AM2 board. Just so you know, even though AM2 and the server socket 940, have the same number of pins, they're not compatible with each other. Oh, and a socket 940 (AM2) or server socket 940 won't fit in a socket 939 board.

No, because the FX53 is socket 940 and not AM2, even though they're the same number of pins. They have the same number of pins but different placing of leads or holes.

OK so do you happen to know a link to a mobo that will work?????

xD bare with us....lol all i can find is confusing bullsh*t

here is the processor i want a mobo for
940gj8.jpg

Yea they labeled that motherboard wrong. It's suppose to be in the AM2 section. And it looks like they don't sell socket 940 motherboards. Why don't you go AM2 instead? Why do you want socket 940? It's for servers. Unless you're planning on running one.

EDIT: Oh, I see. So you already have an FX-53?

Yea i got a good price on it so now i gott figure out what i can do with it any help would be great ...and thanx for all the quick replies.

Dave

Unfortunately I cannot find any single socket 940 motherboards. All I see is either dual or quad sockets. : (

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom