socket 939 vs 754

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
How much better is 939 over 754. I know you get dual channel and faster hypertransport but what does that translate out to in the real world when comparing single core 3000+ processors?

I was going to get a used 754 from somebody but people keep saying I should pay more and get a 939. Would it really be worth the extra ~$120 to go with 939. It would be about that much more because I don't want to buy a used 939 from someone I don't know and I know the guy with the 754 sorta.

well from the research ive done, 939 isnt that much more $$$, and you have a better selection of processors, but if you want to argue it doesnt matter if you know what you want already.
the mobos are also higher end with the 939

If the price difference is that big, and you're not looking for a high end machine, go for the 754. They're not slow by any means. Don't count on upgrading much though.

Ryan

Another difference would be the heat. 939's generally run cooler and can overclock higher but if it's that much of a price difference go with a 754.

I have a socket 754 system and i'm happy. I built the majority of it when 939 didn't exist yet, but its still truckin'.

Personally, I would take a rock-solid Socket 754 set up over any el cheapo, shady product, Socket 939 system anyday. Now if the 939 system was rock solid, i'd take it of course. :p

i got a 754 only with a sempron overclocked, and i can tell you im really happy with it:D even tho its runs so far at 2.07ghz on idle its at 23 degrees celcius but when using alot its at 27. Still gonna try hit the 2.3ghz mark...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom