socket 939 campatable with x2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B00mbocks

Baseband Member
i have a mobo with a athalon 64 3200 in it now will it be compatable with a x2? or will i have to get a new mobo?

As long as you have a BIOS that supports X2, you can use one on any 939 board. Just flash the BIOS to the latest version and you should be fine.

As turtile said, with current BIOS, any board should support the X2. I know that the Shuttle SN25P motherboards didn't support X2 out of the box after launch. There were some issues until a BIOS upgrade was released.

where would i got to update my BIOs? I know C2D are better but i mean compared to a AMD Athalon 64 3200 how good will a AMD 3800x2 be in comparision.

depending on what manufacturer of motherboard you have, you would have to go to their site in order to upgrade bios.

C2Ds are the best dual core out there right now, due to their overclockability and power consumption and sheer power. As far as im concerned, im never going to own one, becuase i guarantee you my opteron is just as fast as any e6600/e6300 out there. AMD X2 3800 was AMD's first stab at dual core, which they proceeded very well, and you will definately be able to notice a difference from your 3200. you will now be able to play CSS, download music, and render a movie without much stress.

ok thanks, how do i find out the manufacture of my mobo? cpu-Z just says unknown....will the stock HSF from my 64 3200 fit on the 3800 x2 so i can just buy it OEM and get some thermal paste?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom