Socket 478 or LGA775?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aetherh4cker

Corrupt Techie
Which socket is better for motherboards? Socket 478 or LGA775? I suppose I'm wondering which is the newest and which will be more upgradeable in the long run.

To answer your question, with out adding my own opinion, LGA 775 socket is the newest socket, so stick with that.

Ste said:
To answer your questions its LGA 775. But if you gamming go AMD Socket 939.

He is right. The Socket 939 are for AMD processors. Definitely jump on AMD if you are gaming.

However, between the Socket478 (which I have) and LGA 775, they are supported for Intel processors. The 775 is the most updated board so I would have to choose that one between the two.

AMD what? Go AMD, it's pretty much better in all regards. Yes that is fanboyism talking, but I went from a pretty good P4 to a low end sempron and the sempron blew the P4 outta the water.

Mk97 said:
AMD what? Go AMD, it's pretty much better in all regards. Yes that is fanboyism talking, but I went from a pretty good P4 to a low end sempron and the sempron blew the P4 outta the water.

The AMD 64. I should have been more specific. What was the specs of the P4 processor and the Sempron processor that you are talking about? I want to hear this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom