so... what is VIIV then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
VIIV is something from Intel to say that the requirements for a Media Center PC is passed. In other words, a waste of stickers.

lhuser said:
VIIV is something from Intel to say that the requirements for a Media Center PC is passed.
basically every new PC out now is capable of being a media centre. you don't need a whole lot of power to watch DVD's and stuff.

nitestick said:
ahhh so what i gather from the link is that it something similar to the fabled "Centrino"

EXACTLY. Only this time it's more DRM based.

I'm tired of this buzz word slogan crap. This is why I freaking hate Intel.

Taken from a Staples ad - "It's got Intel Centrino Duo Mobile Technology, so you can take it pretty much anywhere."

WTF does having a Core Duo processor and a wireless internet card have ANYTHING to do with where you can take it??

Bluetooth *ENABLED*
Microsoft Windows Vista *CAPABLE*

OMG the whole "enabled" and "capable" thing is the worst for me, I just want to strangle people who buy into that @#$%.

I also hate really long names, for example Microsoft Windows XP Media Centre Edition 2005, Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional, Intel Centrino Duo Mobile Technology, <- GAH!!

The General said:
EXACTLY. Only this time it's more DRM based.

I'm tired of this buzz word slogan crap. This is why I freaking hate Intel.

Taken from a Staples ad - "It's got Intel Centrino Duo Mobile Technology, so you can take it pretty much anywhere."

WTF does having a Core Duo processor and a wireless internet card have ANYTHING to do with where you can take it??

Bluetooth *ENABLED*
Microsoft Windows Vista *CAPABLE*

OMG the whole "enabled" and "capable" thing is the worst for me, I just want to strangle people who buy into that @#$%.

I also hate really long names, for example Microsoft Windows XP Media Centre Edition 2005, Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Professional, Intel Centrino Duo Mobile Technology, <- GAH!!

lmao

Wait, I know centrino is bs and nothing, but what does Intel say it does ? Whenever I go to intel.com I end up reading 10 pages of crap to figure something out so I never cared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom