So is my Video Card Trash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

piye

Beta member
I just bought a pc off my buddy, as he picked up a new one and cut me a deal on this... So anyway, at the moment it's running with an x1950 pro.

I'm not really up on my video cards, but would this be bottle necking the system? I am getting some fairly low framerates in a number of games, and am guessing this is what's causing it.

Would swapping this out for something higher end give me a significant performance increase? Or would I not notice much difference.

specs are:

asus M2N32-SLI motherboard
2gb ddr2@400mhz
radeon x1950 pro
amd 64 x2 5600+
230gb hard drive

Thanks for any input.

the x1950pro isn't a crappy card; it's actually pretty **** good. it shouldn't be bottlenecking your rig that much. if you're willing to dish out some money, an 8800gt or HD3870 would be nice

that card shouldnt be bottlenecking you at all. wont do directx10 by any means but its a decent card. no if anythings bottlenecking that system its most likely your ram, what games you trying to run anyway? cuz if your runnin stuff like crysis you may encounter slow frame rates. you would notice an improvement in performance with a new vid card no doubt, but i doubt that the card you have is bottlenecking you, at least not to bad.

Odds are the problem lies in software, not hardware.

I have the X1950XT, which is not a whole lot higher than your card, and it plays everything I throw at it.

I agree with Trotter... You might want to give it a good cleaning, if not reload the OS, or at the very least, reload the video drivers, take off all the temp/junk trash, spyware, etc.. Then give it a shot.

you probably have spyware and crap on it, try a clean install of Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom