So good Or no good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lastshot

In Runtime
Ok, Heres a list of the parts I came up with for a cheaper build. Tell me what you think.....

Mobo

MSI K9n

Processor

AMD

RAM

OCZ Gold

Video Card

Evga 7600 GT

Hard Drive

WD 250gb

Optical>>>

Lite-On

PSU
Antec Smartpower

Cases (Which To choose?)
Vigor
Cooler Master

And If I Have the money, Instead of using an old CRT I could get
LCD
HannsG

So, waddaya Think? It comes to $617.93 after rebates and w/o the lcd. W/ lcd it's $797.92...

I'm not sure if you can fit in a decent motherboard and an e6300 or e4300 into your budget right now.. it'd be a good 50 dollars more. If you can get the 50 dollars, get an e6300 or an e4300 and a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813138037 but for gaming 50 dollars can be spent in better places, like your video card.

So instead of being a moron and saying "OMG NO REASON TO BUY AMD" I'll go with your price range and steer you..

get this video card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130062

this processor http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103741 which is a lower power consuming one.

get the centurion 5

Thank you for responding, This is going to be very helpfull in deciding if i should go with amd or intel. I woul like to keep the price for a processor down, like $150-200 usd. so I'm looking at the charts, and looked at different processors and heres what i'm saying....

I'm not getting that expensive of a processor( fx series, nor paying 200$ plus for a core 2 duo 6000 series)
So in the price range of 150-200$ I would pick the E4300, Tom's hardware doesn't show a comparison of the core2duo e4300, which is still more expensive than the amd 4200.
I looked at the multitasking charts( which is what I want it to be doing anyways) And I saw a difference between the 6400(222$) and the amd 4200(154$). There is a whole minute difference Here. There is abunch of amd processors, but then the next Intel is a few spaces down(only 15 seconds).
One can presume that a 4300 is faster than a 935 presler, but slower than a 6400... So It doesn't really appeal to me yet that it's much faster. I read the reviews and people are saying that it is A great overclocker, So that is always a factor. But i'm not really interested in overclocking(anything is better than the single core 2ghz intel I'm using now). A hundred points on 3dmark, or less than a minute off multitasking is nice, but What i really want to know is how smooth it multitasks. Right now, when I change from program to program it is kinda rough. On my friends AMd, it's very smooth. Would A core2 duo be as smooth as an amd x2?

if you want to wait until April the E4300 is gonna drop its price to like $133 and the E6300 is going to stay the same price but get another 2mb cache.

B00mbocks said:
if you want to wait until April the E4300 is gonna drop its price to like $133 and the E6300 is going to stay the same price but get another 2mb cache.

I Get your first part, but what do you mean get another 2mb cache??? Both of those processors have a shared 2mb cache, and I don't think that you can upgrade, can you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom