Small Upgrade Capability

Status
Not open for further replies.

blewandowski_69

In Runtime
Hey guys, im wanting to spend a paycheck of 112 dallors on a small upgrade. I recently saw a combo purchase of a BIOSTAR NF325-A7 Socket 754 NVIDIA nForce3 250 + a AMD Athlon 64 3400+ 1600MHz HT 754 CPU f0r 103 dallors total. This is perfect for me in all areas, i need a new mobo, one that will give me decent performance (i dont want to overclock at all) a good processor as i do video editing and its under my budget.

Ive just got a couple questions to ask from people with more knowledge than me on this particular subject. Im not an idiot or antyhign ive built before i just dotn have any knowledge with Biostar ETC. Ps I havent found any reviews on this board or i would havent asked about it.

My specs with the board and cpu:
BIOSTAR NF325-A7 Socket 754 (800MHz HT(1600MT/s)
AMD Athlon 64 3400+ 1600MHz
Ati Radeon 9600pro 128mb AGP 8x
1gb ram pc3200 of course
80gb HD IDE (oldschool)

My questions:
1. Biostar are they a decent mobo manufacturer? And will this Motherboard do me justice(i dont plan on doing gaming very often)
2. Why does the FSB on the mobo read like this (800MHz HT(1600MT/s)? Will the Cpu be running the same FSB as this board?
3. The CPu, will it come with a stock heatsink? It doesnt say anything about it.

Mobo
http://www.newegg.com/product/Product.asp?item=N82E16813138247
Cpu
http://www.newegg.com/product/Product.asp?item=N82E16819103010

Thanks for any advice.

Few things:

First, I currently have the Biostar K8NHA Grand motherboard, and it has been extremely stable, I have never had a problem with it. It is a 3400+ AMD 512L2 Socket 754. Exactly what you are thinking of getting in your link for the cpu, my mother board is different.

Second, Are you sure you want to drop money on the dieing 754 Socket motherboards? They are cheap, that is for sure, but they won't be around much longer. The 939 is more current and not too expensive. AMD already has the AM2 sockey motherboards out. I don't think now is a great time to upgrade the motherboard and CPU, because we are in the middle of a change, and also, the 754 socket isn't where you want to invest if you are thinking to upgrade a little here and a little there along the way.

I don't know what you currently have for a motherboard board and CPU, and unless you are wanting to spend more then the 103, I can't suggest anything else.

Care to think about the 939 socket?

to answer questions:
1), I have had no problems with my motherboard
2) Sorry i do not know
3) no, if you want to get a cpu with a heat sink lookinto the ones that are marked retail, and have a box. They are a bit more, but sometimes cheaper after you add the price for the heatsink you'ld need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom