SLI quuestion

Dauntae

Fully Optimized
I can't be leave I can't remember this and couldn't find it in my search, But can you use say a GTX470 with a GTX460, I know I can use two different speed cards if there both the same card like two GTX460's and only one being super locked and the faster one be slowed down to the speed of the other card but can you use different card in the same generation.

Dauntae

I had the feeling booo lol I'm planning on a little upgrading and I'm getting a free 460 so I was hoping I could upgrade to a I7 and use the 400 cards to hold me over until the 800 series comes out, If I find a cheap 470 I might do that, Have till mid January before I do this.

Thank you
Dauntae

Now there's an idea lol, We 'll see how it goes when the time comes

Well I'm saying this because either 2 470s or 2 460s will = ~ GTX580 performance. A 760 for about 40 bucks more (if sold at 80 a piece) will outperform all of the above without SLI performance issues and extra heat.

I wasn't sure what it would equal, Might just do that, I'll have to do it in steps selling one then buying the new card then sell the other or ill be on windows ghraphice lol Won't have the 460 until January and your idea actually might help more than I hoped, The 460 is also coming with a I7 MB and 8 gigs of ram. Single PCI-E so just need a CPU and get the 760 then when the 800 series come out sell the 760 and hopefully have enough spare cash for a 870

I don't have all the details on it, It's a Gigabyte board and only one PCI-E slot but he wants a SLI board and higher speed Ram so I'm giving him what he wants and I told me to keep all the old parts with PS included lol Must be nice to have disposable income lol she almost was giving me the I7 chip but I convinced him it would just be a waste of money.

Dauntae

Back
Top Bottom