SLi not booting

Nukem

Where am I again?
So as some of you saw I recently bought another GTX 670 for SLi. I finally had time to play around and do the install. Well...

The mobo won't go past bios boot, and is in perpetual reboot. I have:
- Checked the single card (it's in now) and it works fine. Even ran future mark with no problems.
- Played around in the bios (reset to optimized; default, etc... )

I emailed ASRock and am awaiting any other advice that I didn't think of, before I do an RMA. (and since I have the only 1155 mobo in the house, I can't check another one)

I have plenty of power on the +12 side; have read and reread the manual numerous times, and I know going SLi is not this difficult. So I think my board for whatever reason doesn't like SLi.

:confused: Any suggestions of things to try?

So it won't boot up when you have both cards in at the same time, with the SLI bridge on? Because if both cards work, both slots work, then the only other thing it could be is a card not inserted correctly or a power cable not put in properly.

I agree... checked all of the above. I even used a flexible SLi bridge as well, thinking maybe the factory one didn't work.

A bridge won't matter until you are actually booted into Windows, and it'll work without it too. If the PC is not booting due to this there is a different issue at hand.

I am thinking the same thing. Since I have a few bucks I'm looking at the Z77 Extreme 4. Then maybe use this (current) board to upgrade the business machine if I find a decent priced Sandy or Ivy in the future. (after ASRock does the RMA)

So this is what I get back from ASRock... Not much to go on since I have already done this and much more...

Please unplug the power, clear the CMOS (see below image).
Set the UEFI/BIOS default (press F9 in BIOS).
Test with single VGA card on each PCIE slot one at the time to assure slots are working.
If slots are functioning, test with another SLI bridge card.

(the image is of my mobo with a red circle showing me where to clear the CMOS)

Go figure...

So now I'm assuming the next step will be that they tell me to RMA the board.

Back
Top Bottom