to SLi or not ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arctic388

In Runtime
is there any performance difference between a SLi board and one thats not ? i plan to buy the 7900GTX and dont think i'll ever need SLi. but if there is no related performance issues i might as well go ahead and get it. any known issues with running single card in double board ? thanks.

I have a Asus A8N-SLI premium motherboard. At the moment i only have one 7900gt and it works great. The board is quiet because there isnt a fan on the chipset. It uses a heatpipe. I think you should go with an sli board because you say you dont think you will ever go sli but if you decide you want to especially with two 7900gtx that would be freakin crazy fast. Asus makes great mobos and my as an amazing overclocking ability. Mine came with program the i can actually overclock my cpu while in windows not even using the bios. It also shows the temp of the cpu and fan speed.

ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce SPP 100 ATX AMD is what i have picked. if one ever needs to SLi two 7900's they are playing to much for me to handle. it would be awesome though. who knows one day that could be the minimum required.
so an SLi board and a singe boards performance is the same with only one card ?

when you say heat pipes... what you talking about ?

well by heat pipe i mean there is a metal heatsink ontop of the boards chipset. From that heatsink there is a metal pipe that transfers the heat from that chip near the back of the mobo making low heat and dead silent. look at picks on newegg.com. You board i believe has two of those.

You may want to go SLI when UT2007 comes out if you are into that kind of game. Always keep that an option, because that game is going to be a hardware killer when it first comes out.

right now i'm not any kind of player. i have never played any game on my PC only thing i've done is N64. but i want to when i get this built and get high speed net. i'll probably start slow and build up to the good games. thanks for the head up though.

no dude have u read the SLI/crossfire guide???(http://techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=79791)

basically you don't need to SLI unless you are some sort of elitest gamer who has more money than they know what to with it. If you are finding that your graphics card isn't up to snuf then wait to buy a new one.

It would only be worth it unless you found it on eBay for like $50

thanks i'll read that as soon as i can. i'm leaving work right now. working 7 days to try to buy all this stuff. i glanced at it and think that is what i need to read about. i'll be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom