A simple question about timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saurdo

Beta member
I'm pretty torn apart about when I should buy a new computer. I've had this one for about four years now and it's holding me back pretty significantly.

My question is should I buy a computer this Holiday season? Or wait until windows Vista is released? Just a note that I don't even want to buy windows Vista. I just want to know how much windows Vista is going to affect technology.

I'm planning to buy a dual core and with news of quad cores I'm not sure this is exactly the right time to buy the dual core. You think quad cores are still pretty far off? I am also a gamer so I would like a DX10 card but I am not willing to spend $600 on one. I was thinking of getting something cheap (maybe a 7300 512 mb) for now and waiting a year or so before buying a DX10 card. My budget is around $1,400 and I do plan to upgrade it in the future.

So yeah. Should I wait for windows Vista or will it not be that much of a difference? I'm pretty (okay, very) eager to get my hands on a new computer and seeing how it is the holiday season I could get some pretty sweet deals.

Thanks for your input!

how long you wait is truly up to you. quad cores are here pretty much, however you'll be waiting quite some time it would seem before you will be able to get an affordable one as it looks like Intel will be sticking to only an Extreme Edition quad core for the foreseeable future which means you may have to wait for an AMD quad core that could be cheaper.

i would not reccomend a 512mb 7300, 512mb of memory will probably not be utilised by that GPU or it may have 512mb only to offset the fact they used cheap (and slow) memory which is definitely undesirable. i would suggest a cheap 6600GT or 7600GT to tide you over until DX10 if that's what you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom