Simple PSU Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domestic

In Runtime
Hi, I just got a new Corsair 750W PSU.

I was wondering if it matters which way the fan on the PSU faces as I have seen it lying both ways in various pictures. I assumed that the fan should face the inside of the case but that seems to make it difficult as far as wire management is concerned.
IMG_2505.jpg

104583d1239085894-corsair-750w-cable-length-antec-1200-true-pics-030.jpg

Each of these two pics have the PSU fan facing different ways, I am just wondering which is correct?

Thank You

i have it facing towards the bottom on my antec 200 case. it actually has two slots on the bottom to draw air from the bottom of the case and about a 4 inch wide groove on the bottom to allow more air. since i dont have water cooling i installed one harddrive about three inches from the bottom. this adds more outisde air from the front case fan to blow on the power supply. if the case was flat on the bottom i would have turned the fan up.

I guess it depends on the case, if you have holes at the bottom you could face it downwards, otherwise it should be facing up.

i have it facing towards the bottom on my antec 200 case. it actually has two slots on the bottom to draw air from the bottom of the case and about a 4 inch wide groove on the bottom to allow more air. since i dont have water cooling i installed one harddrive about three inches from the bottom. this adds more outisde air from the front case fan to blow on the power supply. if the case was flat on the bottom i would have turned the fan up.
I see, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom