Sick of Radeon 9250, looking to buy new one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

marconis

Baseband Member
Just after the release of Brothers in Arms:Road to Hill 30 (March 2005), I bought the ATI Radeon 9250 so I could play it. All these new games started coming out, and it seems as if the whole 9200 series isn't supported by any of them, ever. So, Im fed up and I want to buy a new one.

I have a PCI slot and am looking to spend anywhere between $0-$160. I want one that brings out excellent performance and can last me a while.

Dell Demension 3000
Pentium 4, 2.80 GHZ
512 MB RAM

I know there are many threads like this, but all help would be appreciated, thanks.

Will I be able to max out graphics on most games without having to worry about lag? How much is it?

Do you have a PCI or a PCI-E slot? that makes a major difference. If it's just PCI, your not really gunna find a card that will perform high enough to play most new games, as the PCI bandwith is just too low for any real performance from a graphics card. Your best bet is to go PCI-E, and maybe AGP, although further down the road it you would end up having to go PCI-E anyways.

I have a plain old PCI slot, :-/. Is there anyway to get an AGP working witouth having to get a whole new motherboard? Im sort of a noob when it comes to the actual internal parts of the computer.

As for getting the AGP to work without a whole new motherboard, it's not possible, as it's a whole different expansion slot.

http://www.computerworld.com/action...Basic&articleId=83187&intsrc=article_pots_bot

There's a good example of the PCI-E versus the PCI. If you have to have PCI, those cards would be okay, you'll probably be able to play newer games, but I'm not making any garuntess, but your not going to see major upgrades. Your best bet is to get a new Motherboard, CPU, and Graphics card, but I don't know if that's really an option or not so yeah. Any other quetions, just ask away.

Nah, Im not that into video games. I dont tihnk Id spend all my money on a whole new set up. Thanks for the help though, I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom