Should I upgrade my GTX295 for BF3??? Is It Worth it???

Status
Not open for further replies.

shan1784

In Runtime
So I'm looking at maybe upgrading my video card in my current system shown in my sig below... I've had my GTX295 for a few years now and it's been a rock solid card... Now with BF3 coming out I'm wondering if I should upgrade to get all the bells and whistles out of it with DX11...

My question is how much do I pay for this upgrade? I guess I don't want to pay $500+ to get just a minor improvement in performance. I was looking at the 580's and wondered how much difference I will see in performance compared to my GTX295...

I played the Alpha and Beta for BF3 and my system ran pretty good... After I tweaked the settings I was able to get a consistent 60 frames but had to turn some things down / off to achieve this... I'd like to be able to max it out on Ultra setting if possible... It comes out tomorrow so I'm definately going to wait a week or so to see how it runs on my system before I do anything.

If anyone has any ideas on a good upgrade path I'd much appreciate it.. Thanks...

I have a similar system, 285's in SLI. Running 3 monitors, 3072 X 1280. Nervous of what tomorrow will bring as well :)

The beta had a cap on the video settings mind you, and used older codes. Wait to see what your card can run BF3 at then compare benches, there will be a lot of benchmark test's run on this game. Compare them to the cards you care looking at within your budget and make the decision if it worth it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom