Should I go for a GTX 960?

Julian043

Baseband Member
Hey ''techies'' I'm new to this so dont be to hard to me :) :grin:

I really like gaming, but now i only have 60 FPS in CSGO (Only dustII, willdfire maps 30FPS). I cant even play ''Goat Sim''...

So I want to upgrade my graphic card! (I allready upgraded my cpu)

I am thinking about to get a GeForce GTX 960. Is it worth it? Or is there a better card for around the same price (200-250euro)

My PC Specs:

Proccessor + Graphics Card:
''AMD A10-6800K'' with (Crappy) integrated graphic ''AMD Radeon HD 8670D''

RAM:
''Crucial Ballistix Sport 12GB DDR3-1600''

What is my best option?

Thank you for your help! If you need more info please ask!:angel:

Thanks for your reaction!

Can I trust a used grapic card? Isn't there some ''how longer u use a graphic card, how worse it get?'' ( I'm kinda noob in tech stuff ) If not i will definitely get a 970 #MOREFPS! :D

The board I'm using in my sig I got for 50 bucks off Ebay on a gamble cause it didn't have a box or accessories. 600 dollar board, figured **** it. It has it's issues (as I assumed) but fine otherwise. For over a decade I had used gear in my PC. You just have to be smart about it.

Few tips. If you buy used off Amazon and there's a recent problem they'll help you with it. If you're getting it locally see if you can stress test it before purchasing. Most popular forums require a Heatware to sell used gear (like TPU) and you can see if they've been shady or not.

+1 to used gear

My CPU/Mobo/RAM/AIO watercooler/GPU are all used. And my PSU is about 7 years old from a previous build...no issues that I've noticed; only things that are actually new are my Case and SSD. Like PP said, it's all about where you get it from. If you get it from a forum (TPU, [H]ardForum, etc.), Amazon, or even Reddit's r/hardwareswap, just make sure you get it from a reputable person. If you get it locally, like PP mentioned make sure they stress test it in front of you with popular tools.

+2 to used gear

The last 5 or so computers I have used have always been built out of almost entirely used parts.

I just built a new HTPC for my TV and there is an Asus Strix 960 in there that I got used off craigslist for $120, thats just over 100 quid.

I just built a 1080p gaming computer for my brother and I was able to snake a 970 off craigslist for $210 or 184 Euro. I bought this 970 before the 1070 was announced. I promise you I could buy a 970 for well under $200 now.

Used hardware all day!

Yea a dude had a reference 970 for sale for $175 on TPU. He sold it within 5 minutes. See 980s going for 225-275.

Oh I know, as a owner of two 980s im terrified haha.

Im hoping to get $430 for both my 980s WITH EK full coverage blocks and backplates. :/

I paid $800 for both my cards plus $100/ea for the water blocks. :(

Oh I know, as a owner of two 980s im terrified haha.

Im hoping to get $430 for both my 980s WITH EK full coverage blocks and backplates. :/

I paid $800 for both my cards plus $100/ea for the water blocks. :(
How do you think I feel with 1300 invested into each Titan X? I've resorted to just keeping one and traded the other for a custom 1911 when it's finished. I know he'll take care of it as he's a collector like me.

I recently pulled out my asus oc 960 2gb to replace it and put in a 1080 although its a massive jump, the 960 performances very well though don't expect to get higher then 60fps in most games

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom