Should I get a 1080 Ti or get a Xbox One X

krazyq

krazy Techie
Hey guys,

So I preordered the One X, haven't had an Xbox since the first one.
Now my co worker is suggesting I sell my 1070 and get the 1080 Ti, this way I spend about the same and now my pc is more powerful than the One X, I can connect my PC to the TV which is an OLED so I can get 4K gaming out of it.
He also said that I could mine ZCash while I'm not gaming since I don't game that much which may pay off the card eventually.
What do you guys think about this, which one should I do?
I asked myself what game should I get once I buy the One X and I couldn't think of anything, maybe GOW and Forza but I can now get those on the PC.

Plus if you guys think I should get the 1080 Ti instead, will current PC parts be able to handle it or will there be bottleneck.
Will I need to upgrade my CPU and PSU, I'm still on the 620 HX, had this thing since like 07

nop, but it can't handle 4K gaming so I figured I'd get the One X for it or combine that money and get the 1080 Ti and just stick to gaming on the PC

Well I love PC gaming and I basically never touch my Xbox. Every time I get the urge to play Xbox it has some huge update that takes an hour and by that time i've lost interest. But I also love Halo which is why I'm keeping my xbox around. When a new one comes out I'll be ready. But unless you love some exclusive title, you might be better off sticking with PC.

Now my co worker is suggesting I sell my 1070 and get the 1080 Ti, this way I spend about the same and now my pc is more powerful than the One X, I can connect my PC to the TV which is an OLED so I can get 4K gaming out of it.
Your computer currently configured is already more powerful than an Xbox One X. A 1080ti can't handle 4k gaming by itself unless you want lower settings and lower frames.

He also said that I could mine ZCash while I'm not gaming since I don't game that much which may pay off the card eventually.
Pointless. Unless you get free electricity you'll barely break even in electric by the end of the year. Not to mention the extra heat produced all day.

Plus if you guys think I should get the 1080 Ti instead, will current PC parts be able to handle it or will there be bottleneck.
Your current PC parts would be fine.

Your computer currently configured is already more powerful than an Xbox One X. A 1080ti can't handle 4k gaming by itself unless you want lower settings and lower frames.

Pointless. Unless you get free electricity you'll barely break even in electric by the end of the year. Not to mention the extra heat produced all day.

Your current PC parts would be fine.

I should have mentioned that I do get free electricity, all utilities are paid for, now they might notice a spike and say something about it but who knows.

Saying all this do you think i should get the One X, 1080 Ti or do nothing and stick with my 1070

Plus can't the 1080 Ti do 4k with some titles like Forza?

Well you've probably seen what mining 24/7 does to a card, so that's up to you.

I personally don't think the X is worth it, but that's me. I still plan on buying one but I'm not that strapped on cash.

The 1080ti can do 4k when you lower settings.

I like the xbox s but cancelled my Scorpio. I don't have a 4 k TV. Im sticking with my s and my ps4 pro.

I like trophies.

Well you've probably seen what mining 24/7 does to a card, so that's up to you.

I personally don't think the X is worth it, but that's me. I still plan on buying one but I'm not that strapped on cash.

The 1080ti can do 4k when you lower settings.
How bad is mining?
The One S does have an Ultra Blu-ray player so that's not Bad idea either since they're so cheap now and always have bundles

I was thinking if I got the one x, if a game comes out on both consoles I get it on the X plus I get to play 360 games

Think about running your card harder than gaming 24/7.

Backwards compatibility is coming to all 3 One consoles for 360 and select original games.

Back
Top Bottom