Should I buy, or upgrade? ~300

Status
Not open for further replies.
3300 Pete. ;) And yeah, i see what you're saying. The onboard handles most games at decent resolutions and higher settings pretty well on it's own, which is why I was thinking to stick with that for now until he can afford a really good card, instead of throwing money away on the 3850 up front. :p

A 3300 is just an overclocked 3200 so it's still massively slower than a 3850. While the 3300 is good for a igp it's still not a gaming card and a 3850 would be a big improvement.

The 3200 is still fine for moderate gaming, it's about on par with an 8500GT. At medium resos, you can play games like COD4 fine. Again, I was just saying he could save up money on a BETTER gaming card than a 3850, and it would suit him just fine for now. With the upcoming price drops on the better 4 series cards, I think it's worth waiting.

I've got a HD 3200 and they are decent at gaming but they aren't as powerful as people generally make them out to be. It can play cod4 but it would be at lower resolutions or low settings.

The hd 3850 is still a pretty capable card but if he can wait for rv740 or price drops on the current cards it would probably be worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom