Should I Buy This Beast Of A Computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake2k

In Runtime
Dell Precision Xeon 530

I'm thinking about buying this computer from a friend, I was going to hook it up and us it to post this but the mouse driver is missing -_- so I just took some photos with my phone.

40881640814080112a.jpg

37181520814080203.jpg

57768740814080204.jpg

39065290814080113.jpg

Thats right, there's two processors and they look to be dual core :D the only thing is that theres only 512mb of ram and the ram is a special kind made for servers so that might end up being a problem if I can't find some more. The case could use a little work and it comes with the usual items (cd drive, floppy, cables, etc.) plus it has an aftermarket gfx and usb 2.0 card in it.

He only want $100 for it so do you think I should buy it?

Those cpu's might be single core Xeon's with hyperthreading. Do you have the model number of the processors or could you run cpuz and post a screenshot of the cpu tab

For gaming, thats not going to cut it. The 9700 radeon card is about 5 years old. So, not sure what you are planning on doing with it.

no i dont game, it's gonna be for web surfing and gfx/3d programs

EDIT: Would I be able to replace the cpu's with faster/better ones?

The cpu's are single cores with hyperthreading and are based off the old Northwood Pentium 4's. At best it will perform like a Pentium D which should be ok for web surfing but will be significantly slower than a Core 2 Duo or athlon x2. Newegg has a couple of faster cpu's available for that socket but the cheapest is $700.What programs were you going to be using for gfx?

For $100 it still may be a decent deal.

The cpu's are single cores with hyperthreading and are based off the old Northwood Pentium 4's. At best it will perform like a Pentium D which should be ok for web surfing but will be significantly slower than a Core 2 Duo "or athlon x2."

For $100 it still may be a decent deal.

:' ) This is like the first time in a long while any one has acknowledged AMD's greatness in a LOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG while.

well here's my current computer for comparison:

4619432ss.png

SO I guess it comes down to, is the new computer at least $100 better than my current :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom