Should be 1.02 GHz, but running at 722MHz...? Whyyy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexinator

In Runtime
I have my girlfriend's Gateway Solo 9550 Laptop in front of me. I wiped it out, and reformated the hard drive and re-installed windows XP Pro. I got it booted, and installed all the latest drivers for everything. I went into the System Properties and saw it was running at 722MHz when it should be running 1066MHz (1.02 GHz)

Can you guys think of any reasons why? It has the latest BIOS, all the drivers up to date.. Just can't think of why there would be something like this....

So, it's automaticly software controlled, so when it needs to, it will bump up the proc speed? I didn't know this old laptop would have such a thing. It's a Pentium III M. So it is using speedstep? I considered it earlier but didn't think this thing would have it.

Hello,

Yes. All of the Mobile Intel Pentium III processors have Enhanced Intel SpeedStep technology, apart from two processors clocked at 500 Mhz which have SpeedStep technology. The early versions clocked at 400 Mhz, 450 Mhz and 500 Mhz (with the exeption of a couple) don't have SpeedStep technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom