Setting up SATA RAID ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billru44

Baseband Member
Hello,

I'm looking to set up a SATA RAID 0 on my Asus A8N-E

I've been reading the manual because I would like to set up a SATA RAID 0 configuration. Are there any tricks / tips needed in order to install this successfully?

I will be installing a new copy of Win XP 32bit. I've been reading alot of forums which all seem to have different stories about setting up SATA RAID.

Can anyone give me any info regarding this process? Is it EXACTLY as it's mentioned in the manual, or are there other things that one must do?

Thanks in advance.
Bill

Just make sure you have Identical drives. (If possible), and that you install the S-ATA drivers (if needed) and the RAID Drivers (Must Do) before installing XP. The installation CD should prompt you for these drivers.

ste,

you said "install the S-ATA drivers (if needed) and the RAID Drivers (Must Do) before installing XP. The installation CD should prompt you for these drivers"

the board does come w/ drivers on a cd.. i guess i have to copy these to 3.5 in. and during my Win XP installation, it'll prompt me to install these drivers?

It should prompt you. A small blue bar at the bottom. Press such key to install RAID Drivers. Etc etc..

In my case I didn't do RAID, so I didn't need to install the drivers. I also had a S-ATA Harddrive, but for some reason I didn't have to install them.

to do RAID, do both drives have to be identical? also, once windows is installed is it possible to do a RAID configuration, or will I have to reinstall windows?

sorry to go a little off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom