server 2008 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakeop

Beta member
Hi everyone,
I studying networking and I have a hp sr5648f desktop that runs vista. The computer inself supports all the requirments to install server 2008. I wiped out vista and installed the trial version of 2008 but the problems is I can't get all the drivers. I go to hp site but there is no drivers for 2008 server...
Shouldn't I beable to use any computer and install server 2008 operating systems as long as it meets the requirements...any help or advice would be greatly appreciated...
thank you

Jake

sorry guys I made a mistake my computer is a compaq sr5648f not an hp...

Just because the system meets the requirements doesn't mean anything. I know systems from 1999 that can run current OS's. But the hardware support is not something that is Microsoft's responsibility. It is on the hardware manufacturer to make the drivers to run the devices.

So yeah while you may meet the requirements, Compaq didn't support Sever grade operating systems on consumer machines. Server grade Operating Systems are not meant to be used in a home environment.

So since three are no drivers there is no way you can force the hardware to work.

Hi everyone,
I studying networking and I have a hp sr5648f desktop that runs vista. The computer inself supports all the requirments to install server 2008. I wiped out vista and installed the trial version of 2008 but the problems is I can't get all the drivers. I go to hp site but there is no drivers for 2008 server...
Shouldn't I beable to use any computer and install server 2008 operating systems as long as it meets the requirements...any help or advice would be greatly appreciated...
thank you

Jake

sorry guys I made a mistake my computer is a compaq sr5648f not an hp...

The drivers are probably not on the HP website because the computer was never sold with that operating system but you may find that the drivers for the individual devices are available from the device manufacturer's site. For example if you are missing the driver for your graphics card and you can't find the driver on the HP website, you could try going to nVidia, Intel, AMD or whoever and taking a look there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom