server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
What does a server computer do? does it just store photos, games, and everything cause instead of buying a server you could get a terrabyte for that.

Actually The Opteron Is A Server Cpu, But Most Ppl Use It Normally As A Gaming Processor, Especially The 185

OK, you must understand that the word server, in the loosest terms, means a computer that hosts a file or resource and is accessed by other computers. Therefore, there is no set requirement, hardware-wise, for what a server must have.

So you could buy that thing, but is it really necessary? Unless you're going to be hosting like 100+ players at the same time, it really isn't. Get some A64, about a gig or two of RAM, and stick it with a good internet connection and that will do.

And yes, you'll need a server (or something that acts as a CS:S server) if you want to host CS:S games.

I have CS:S lanparties but i hate playing the game with my friends and i hate playing with bots. Its kind of hard to find a good server that has enough room for 3 players me and my friends, and hard to have a good ping on some of the servers too.

How do you rent a server? How much does renting a server cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom