A serious graphics card problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyD23

Beta member
The problem is i think my geforce gto 9700 is deing or died , here's why

takes a deap breath in ,,,,,,,,,,,,

well i was playing a pc game yesturday called battlefield 2142 when the game loaded i noticed the graphics was all messed up , like buildings looked all sqiggly efect and so did some vechiles so i thought i will just reboot and now when i load windows it dosent get to the login screen , the moniter goes light goes orange just before the login screen should apear ...
so now i think ok wtf now , i reboot press f8 to get safe mode , get in to safe mode unistall the gfx drivers for the geforce which were 91.47 version from nvida's download section , after being in safe mode i reboot in to normal mode and windows loads fine and lets me login , i go to advanced from dekstop and see no driver installed , which is right .
now i go to reinstall the drivers in normal mode again , launch the nivida exe press next see the logo , says installing driver components and then the screen goes off , from rebooting from this i am then back to when it wouldent get to the login screen unless i go in safe mode
so anyone out there help me , i spent alot of money on this gfx card grr

another thing is i think all 3 sticks of my ram has error's as i ran memtest on all 3 and all reported as error's or it could be my bios settings which i dont know what i am doing in there :(
so if i post my ddr config of bios would someone guide me ?

i assume youre running xp-

take out all your memory, but atleast 256mb, restart it.

Theirs no such thing as a Geforce gto 9700. You might mean a 7900GTO? Or a ATI 9700pro?

yes sorry , its a 7900 gto :)
all this computer has in now is 1 stick of 512 ram DDR pc 533mz
i dont have anything lower for 240pin type

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom